Monday, September 19, 2005

"I Want Mommy!"

The first week of Preschool went well. It was "fun." The second week reality set in: "I don't want to go to school. I want to stay home. I WANT MOMMY!" Separation anxiety. Noah and me...I was really surprised at this behavior but the school director and his teachers tell me it's very normal. The first week IS fun...then we move to the second week. The good thing is Noah (and most of the other kids who cry) stops crying as soon as my car is out of the parking lot -- but that doesn't sink in for me. I pray for him as I drive all the way to the office. And when I pick him up after nap time, he acts like nothing happened.
Part of me felt that he might be too young. It would be so easy to scoop him up and take him home and keep him happy...but a stronger part of me knew that I had to keep him going; it wouldn't get easier later. So we should get this out of the way now..it will be good for him and me. I need to keep it consistent and he'll learn that it's ok when I leave for work, he'll have fun (which he does) and then I'll be back after nap time. It's a learning experience for both of us.
It's getting better...I pray a lot!
My co-worker say pretty soon he'll be dashing off to class w/out looking back...and that's when I'll start crying because he's growing up too fast!
"I want my Noah boy!"

No comments: