Thursday, May 15, 2008

Heat Wave

I can't believe it...nearly 18 months of living here and the temperature has finally risen past 72 degrees. Sure we had a few days of "low" 70's but the were not memorable. Having the bay close by doesn't help because regardless how "hot" it might get, there's always a cold breeze...

There's only been a few times when we've worn shorts and t-shirts, so they are mostly packed away in a storage bin. Yesterday and today I had to dig deep in the bin to find something for Noah to wear to school. All the kids were in shorts and t-shirts and their legs are still wintery-white. Also, one mom commented that her boys must have had a growth spurt because the shorts had gotten a little too short...same for Noah; I only have 4T shorts for him. It's been THAT long.

It's easier for Jonah. Everyday he asks "is it Pajama Day?" There was an actual Pajama Day at Noah's school. This quarter because of James' early schedule, I have to scoop Jonah out of bed, still in PJs, and put him in the car to take Noah to school...when we get there we see other younger siblings are also still in PJs -- it's always Pajama Day for them. Lucky kids.

I guess it's time for me to take a shopping trip...for the boys, of course.

No comments: