Friday, August 19, 2005

Half-Way Mark

We're at the half-way mark. YEAH!!!!

I don't know how to contain my happiness today: Got e-mail from James that he got selected for Lt.Cdr! HOORAY!! It's such great news. I didn't want to get too excited until he could confirm it. The first e-mail was all military-speak, but the next one just said: "CO just came by to congratulate me. It's official."

I'm so happy...I don't know who to tell. Who would understand? Wow...LCDR!!!! O-4.

Anyways, it was a relief to hear from James because this morning I read on the news wire that rockets were fired at 2 Navy ships in the Red Sea. Thankfullly nobody was hurt on the ships, but a man on the ground was killed. It's so crazy! We're half-way done, but there's still half to go.

Dear God, please keep everyone safe....

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Congratulations to James!