The symbols journalists recognize as the end.
And so it was, Friday, Aug. 11, 2006 the end of my 16 years at the UT. It has been a bittersweet month ever since I handed in my resignation letter. I have loved my job from the very first day but I knew this day had to come. I love my family more! I want to be with my boys -- all three of them. It's time to let it go and concentrate on being a full-time mom and support James' career.
I got a nice and simple cake and pink lemonade send-off which is what I wanted. I don't do well getting lots of attention...I rather blend into the group and be a "supporter." It really brings a smile and warms my heart when I think of my (former) co-workers. The people are truly the hardest part of leaving the job! I feel my life is blessed by knowing each of them and I'm glad I was able to do my part in helping their jobs be a little easier.
It was a good weekend, James arrived home after 10 p.m. Friday and had to fly out at 10 a.m. today, bu we had a good Saturday. It's good for the little guys to wake up and see "Ba" there; they get so excited! Just a few more weeks of this "commuting."
Next post will be about James and my "competition" to find Cars cars...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so happy to see you had a nice send off. I would have like to have seen you leave but I have a feeling we will see each other again.
I honestly have to say that you are one of the most important people I met at the paper. And also the most friendliest. We went through so much!! I'm so lucky to call you my friend outside of the workplace.
I hope that your new schedule will allow you to keep up your blog so I can check in once in while and see how you and the boys are doing!
Post a Comment