So we all loved the movie "Cars." James and I are now taking turns looking for those die cast cars for the boys to play with. James started it by buying two long before the movie came out. And of course the boys love them! A few weeks later I was able to get three more -- and then McDonalds Happy Meals had cars too. Funny, we only bought two Happy Meals, but now we have about eight cars; thanks to all who contributed. You know who you are. After we saw the movie, we realized the die cast cars were getting very popular....that's when we started looking for them every time we went out...me here; James in Hawaii.
Just last week I spotted six cars we didn't have. I bought them. Kept them in the trunk. Saturday morning James opened the trunk and saw them and said two of them were hard to find and offers were going high. He wanted to save them, but I said no. They are just toy cars. I'm not going to get sucked in by crazy collectors; I didn't care how much they were offering. The happiness my boys get from playing with these cars is priceless. I'm not storing these away for 10 years...
Now I'm tripping over, stepping on these cars, among the Legos and balls, Buzz Lightyear toys,videos and books. I wouldn't want it any other way.
Life's simple pleasures...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment