We found a lighthouse at Pigeon Point as well as an American Youth Hostel that was once the lighthouse keeper's lodgings. Both perched on a cliff...it was a little windy but not cold. I wouldn't let the boys roam too far on the paths for obvious reasons.
Last night there was a power-outage. I would have never noticed except that Noah must have had a bad dream because I heard him start to climb out of bed. Wow, ever since I had kids, My hearing has really sharpened; "dog hearing." I swear I can heard the boys' deep-sleep breathing -- and they are in the next room! After I got Noah settled back in bed and was trying to get back to sleep I noticed it was really dark...I mean REALLY dark. Got the mini-Mag flashlight out...I had no idea what time it was; I can't even remember what time we all went to sleep. Now I couldn't get back to sleep and I even woke James up...we could hear voices of the neighbors behind us; they probably couldn't sleep either. I wonder what caused it. At least there weren't anymore firecrackers going off. I heard that for two nights after the 4th.
It's that time of the year again...The Tour de France! Started yesterday...I haven't had the chance to watch much of the coverage yet; the boys keep me busy. James just mentioned with all the drug and doping scandal surrounding the event, does anyone even watch it. (I still do!) Read a good online article on ESPN site about 10 reasons to watch the tour. Told James to read it! I just realized that my aunt, uncle, and cousin M are vacationing in Europe RIGHT NOW (!) and I wonder if they know or care that the Tour is going on. In addition to the Tour, there was a Padres (home) game on ESPN.
Tomorrow Noah starts gymnastics/tumbling daycamp!

No comments:
Post a Comment