Monday, July 23, 2007

What Will Noah Do Next?

Noah has gotten very interested in Star Wars. Light Sabers, Storm Troopers, Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker have been added to his vocabulary as well as pretend duels with light sabers. Both he and Jonah have also learned the tune for "the Imperial March," but the funniest thing has got to be his use of "the force." I first noticed this when we were inside a supermarket, waiting for my mom. The boys and I were standing near the motion-sensored doors and Noah kept raising his hand toward the doors. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was "using the force." Ha ha! Of course, everytime there is movement the doors side open...silly me. Now Jonah has caught on...and they both "fight" to use the force on automatic doors. I guess there are worse things to fight over.

Noah using the force on cousin J





My son is such a goofy kid. This weekend I learned that he's also a quick-thinker. He and I went into Costco while James stayed in the car with a napping Jonah. "Walk" and "slow" don't seem to be part of Noah's vocabulary (neither is "walking in a straight line.") Anways, he's doing his usual dashing around and inevitably trips. Sprawled on the ground, he turns to me with the biggest silly grin and says "home run, Momma" and as he gets up, pumps two fists in the air.


Not to be left out, Jonah is fast too...yesteday James was making a cup of coffee to take to the library. He used a flavored creamer and when he wasn't looking, Jonah took the tiny creamer cup off the kitchen counter, smelled it, tasted it, and got the silliest-sneaky grin on his face (it was french vanilla) he ran to Noah, held out the cup and said "did you taste it?" They were both giggling like crazy; those guys!

Last week we went to Vacation Bible School at Calvary Chapel. What a fun time we all had. Every morning Jonah and I would stick around for the opening songs. As much as Jonah pitches a fit when we drop him off in Sunday School each week he enjoys it and I think he felt left out when he coudn't attend VBS with Noah. Fortunately on the first day at check-in, we got a CD of all the VBS songs so when we got in the car and the music started, he was feeling a little better...but he still asked "where Goa-goa? I wanna go Goa-goa."

Noah has one more week of gymnastics daycamp. He loved the first week, even though he asked "will it be all girls?" Fortunately there are a few boys -- this is a small town. But after the first 15 mins of being nervous, he jumped right in.

Two more weeks and he'll be a kindergartener...(my bigger dread: getting the boys out of the house and in the car by 7:30 a.m.!!!!!)

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Wow... a kindergarder already?!?

Where has the time gone? I chuckled outloud about him using "the force."

Steven said...

I love these funny stories. Your 2 boys crack me up!! Hahah.

Mrs. Wong said...

Hi Darlene: he never ceases to amaze me how fast he learns things. You've heard stories about how parents have to spell certain words out so their kids don't know what their talking about? Noah's catching on to that too.

Uncle Steve: my boys exhaust me! They are clowns one minute and the next minute running around driving me crazy. Sometimes I just sit back and let them have their "freedom."