Saturday, November 10, 2007

Cow Story

Noah may be learning a lot in school and feeling grown up, but sometimes he will say the funniest things that make me smile and feel that he's still "my baby" and just a silly little kid. Last evening he and Jonah were playing in their playroom and James and I were in the kitchen making them a smoothie. Noah walk over to check out what we were doing and suddenly says:

"Mama, we peed a cow too!"

(Whaaat??!)

I am used to Jonah-babble because he's only 2 1/2 years old and some of the words he says he's still learning how to pronounce properly. i.e. "wha-wee" (water); "geen" (green) and "lello" (yellow). But what is this cow peeing business? I immediately wondered what they did in the playroom. Did Jonah have an "accident" since he's been out of diapers for about a month now...

Then I remembered he told me after school how the class got to see two cows. It was part of this week's all-school assembly. Everyone got to pet the cows, "pee" them (which of course I corrected him and said it was called "milking") and learn about what they eat. What a neat assembly!!!! Yay to the school principal!

We are such city kids! Sure there are farms and farm animals back at home, but they are generally out in the back county; we stay pretty much in the city and see the farm animals every summer at the county fair. It is a treat for us to be in Monterey for a while; we get the small town feel, a beach/bay community just 2 miles away; the farming community just about 10 miles away. There's also some mountains near Santa Cruz.

Wonder what next week's assembly will be about....or what Noah will say to me next. ha ha!

No comments: