Monday, January 14, 2008

Back on the Blog

My biggest memory of our winter break spent at home is that we all got sick. One after the other...Jonah, Noah, James, and lastly me. I think I got it worse; maybe it just felt worse because my coughing felt like it was never going to go away. I tossed back any cough suppressant/expectorant combo I could get my hands on. Robitussin; gosh that stuff helps me sleep! I also love the smell of Ben Gay and Vicks Vapo Rub...

Anyways, the nicest part about being sick when were home is that Poa-Poa made all kinds of comfort food for us! Nothing can top that.

Our holiday included a two-day trip to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure with my parents and my sister. I think we would have had a super-great time if #1, we were there at any other time of the year besides, the day after Christmas, and #2, if the boys weren't feeling so crummy. I packed the Children's Tylenol multi-symptom AND Children's Motrin...The boys enjoyed Disneyland, but the seemed to like CA Adventure more. We are really into Pixar's Bug's Life -- heck, we're totally into Pixar films! But CA Adventure has this little bug land corner with rides just for little kids and this is where we saw Jonah grow up right before our eyes! Even just the day before he was not interested in any rides at the main park other than Casey Jr.'s Circus Train, but here he couldn't get enough of Heimlich's Chew Chew Train, Flick's Flyer, and Francis' Ladybug Boogie. They were all very fun rides! Talk about saving the best for last: we decided to end our day by catching the Disney Playhouse show. So amazing! Characters that the boys were familiar with like: Bear, JoJo the Clown, Stanley, and Winnie the Pooh and friends came out to sing, dance, and interact with the kids. Both boys had their eyes glued to the stage! I think the most incredible thing about the show was that all the characters (puppets) were the same size as the kids; I loved that.



The boys seemed to like Disneyland but still asked if we could go to Legoland...

The rest of the time we just stayed home and tried to recover.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Hope you're feeling 100% now!