Thursday, January 24, 2008

Because it was in San Diego

Last night I made a point to watch American Idol, an audition episode. The only reason I even tuned in was because it was filmed in San Diego. I've never watched American Idol (I don't plan to start)...I just wanted to see a bit of home. But darn it, the auditions were held inside the Rancho Bernardo Inn and the bits of San Diego that were shown were crowd shots at the Q. I totally agree with my friend Jerry that the singing was bad upon bad; many of the contestants weren't even local residents. So much for thinking maybe I'd see someone I knew. Ha!

I like finding things on tv about San Diego or filmed there. Last year there was a "reality" program about lifeguards of San Diego on the former Court TV station. I watched a few episodes because we know someone who is a lifeguard for the city and maybe we'd see him; that never happened. Good thing I can always count on seeing Petco Park or the Q during baseball and football seasons. Also, every morning I still read SignOnSanDiego first for my news fix...

I think I should watch "Anchorman," starring Will Ferrell..."You stay classy, San Diego..."

No comments: