I'm thinking this "No Spending Challenge" isn't too bad. It's already the third day of the new year and the only unexpected spending was for our home computer.
The other evening after the boys went to sleep, I turned on our computer and noticed it didn't sound the same; there wasn't a humming that I usually hear . I mentioned it to James. He didn't think anything was wrong. It's the mom in me; it's just like knowing there's something not-quite-right about your child...but James "had to" run a diagnostic. The next morning he opened up the tower, vaccumed the dust out and saw that one fan wasn't working. (I didn't say "I told you.") I suggested we give it a shot of air, but we didn't have a can of air; I used my hair dryer on low, but of course that didn't work either. He agreed it was broken and decided we had to buy a new fan.
Is it a true necessity? Well he could use his computer at work, and I could go down to the public library, but I feel the computer is our second line of communication; our cell phones being first. If there was any alerts from Noah's school, I usually get a recorded message on my phone and it refers me to the school's website. Thanks to my brother (tech support) we were able to get a new cpu fan for $10.
Other than that the no spending continues.
No spending fun for me last night: One of the women from our Sunday School class organized a meeting for every first Friday of the month at the local Barnes & Noble cafe. I went. It was a great time chatting about everything and nothing for almost two hours; a good chunk of our time was about Facebook and how everyone got started on it. So now we will all become Facebook friends too! And it was nice to have the time since every Sunday we have 15 to 20 minutes and the kids are running around, and husbands anxious to go home and watch football.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OOH, good luck with the no spending. When you're done, teach me how to do it too!
Post a Comment