I issued a challenge to James and he accepted. Tomorrow morning we will begin our first-ever "No Spending Month." It's not like we are out of control spenders; actually the opposite, but after reading an article in a MOPs magazine that I received in the mail (Mom Sense), I thought it would be fun to do and actually see how much we could save. I admit, those little trips to Target add up, even if I do find great items on clearance.
The article didn't contain any new information for me, but the tip about no spending for just a month seemed to stand out. Only pay bills and spend on the necessities: food and gas. No toys, books, haircuts, movie rentals/going to movies, clothes, or eating out.
We agreed to add one exemption, to set aside an envelope with a set amount and that would be the "breather" fund...if we all agree that we're tired of my cooking or when we go to Costco (since it's at least 10 miles away whenever we go there, we have to get something at the food court. Hmmm, maybe we don't "have to"...that would be a challenge-upon-the-challenge!)
It's still December 31. Guess I'll take the boys over to Target for some popcorn and Icee ($1.50) before the Cinderella Hour. Actually I have to reprint some pictures.
Today is the very last day of what has been a pretty nice year, make the most of it and start again tomorrow! Like my friend Jerry said recently "We'll be fine in 2009."
The article didn't contain any new information for me, but the tip about no spending for just a month seemed to stand out. Only pay bills and spend on the necessities: food and gas. No toys, books, haircuts, movie rentals/going to movies, clothes, or eating out.
We agreed to add one exemption, to set aside an envelope with a set amount and that would be the "breather" fund...if we all agree that we're tired of my cooking or when we go to Costco (since it's at least 10 miles away whenever we go there, we have to get something at the food court. Hmmm, maybe we don't "have to"...that would be a challenge-upon-the-challenge!)
It's still December 31. Guess I'll take the boys over to Target for some popcorn and Icee ($1.50) before the Cinderella Hour. Actually I have to reprint some pictures.
Today is the very last day of what has been a pretty nice year, make the most of it and start again tomorrow! Like my friend Jerry said recently "We'll be fine in 2009."
Happy 2009 to everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment