Sunday, December 14, 2008

Country Christmas

Last night we went to our church group's Christmas party. It was a country theme and we were encouraged to wear our finest duds. It was interesting to see the range of how people dressed...overalls and a flannel shirt to fancy country-western singer style.

There was hearty country food too: bbq shredded pork, baked beans, macaroni and cheese, and chili. I only wished I could have eaten more...but now I think I'm hooked on eating chili with "Scoop" Fritos, and a dollop of sour cream.

After dinner the "surprise" activity was line dancing! It wasn't hard; a lot of the steps I do in aerobics class. There were jokes about the "Electric Slide" dance as well as the all-too familiar wedding reception Conga Line. In addition to being fun, it was a workout too.

It was a great evening of getting better acquainted with new friends and sharing the Christmas spirit.

Later this week our group is going to the local Ronald McDonald house to serve dinner to families who are currently there.

It was really appropriate that Pastor Phil's message this morning about Jesus' birth was simply: God's greatest present to the world was His presence.

No comments: