My CA driver's license is expiring next month and since I haven't received a renewal notice from the home offices, I decided to get a PA one. Found a local Driver's License Center. Surprisingly it is located in a strip mall and there was no line.
Unfortunately I was denied a new driver's license because I didn't have one of the necessary forms of identification: my Social security Card. WHAT?! I had everything else in my purse: CA license, military i.d., birth certificate, passport, bank statement with local address, even AAA and Costco cards. Who carries their SSC around? I wasn't applying for a job. At least the clerk was nice and efficient; she even agreed that nobody really carries their SSC around, but to process this application I needed to have it.
Frustrating. I was all ready for a new photo. It was a good hair day and even wore make up other than lipstick.
Later in the evening as I read the application in more detail, I noted the residency requirement section: basic documents like utility bill, mortgage or rental papers, or bank statement (which I had) can work, but also any other piece of "official mail" like a magazine with my name and address on it. Hmmm, should I bring a copy of Redbook or Cookie.
It's just funny, but kind of silly. I'm still rolling my eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ha sux! should've read the forms. i got my ssc in my wallet at all times. even has my signature from the 4th grade!
Post a Comment