Thursday, April 09, 2009

Funny Boys

Our Spring Break started today. It's an odd schedule around here: two days this week, the weekend, and one day next week; everyone goes back on Tuesday. I kind of like it because it's less days for me to plan things to keep the boys entertained.

Today we went to a class at the local kids fitness center. The only other times the boys have been there were for birthday parties. They had a lot of fun in the class we participated in (I had to join them). I plan on signing them up for their own classes. Tomorrow we'll spend some time at the science center.

A funny Jonah story: There are more Jonah stories these days because Noah seems to have mellowed out a little; there is an occasional Noah story, but Jonah's are more funny. We go to a storytime at the library. The children's section has hands-on activities stations scattered around. There is one board that's a "touch" board; when you put your hand on it, the heat causes the board to change colors and you see your "hand print." He thought he was so smart. When I wasn't looking, he "wrote" P O O P. Then he turns to me and says "POOP" and laughs. Good thing it disappeared fast. Boys!

Another one: "Chuck" is one of our family favorite shows; "The Amazing Race" is another. We always stop whatever we are doing when those shows start and sit together on the sofa. I'm never sure how much Jonah understands of the shows or if he even pays attention. But he seems to knows Chuck and the Buy More. The other day he asked for Nilla cookies and I said there weren't any more. Noah took the last to school. He frowns and then says "we have to buy more...at the Buy More! hee hee hee!"





A Noah story: Last week as Noah hopped off the school bus he waved one of those rubber bracelets at me and excitedly told me he was on TV at school. The school has a program where fifth graders read announcements and news bits. Once a week, they play their version of "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader" and select the names of one student from each grade. Noah's name got picked. He said he got asked a computer question what was bigger: a gigabyte, nanobyte, or terabyte. He gave the correct answer. (Terabyte). I asked him how he knew and he said he remembered it from computer class; there is a poster on the wall of the classroom and he thought about it. Wow! I didn't even know the answer; well, now I do. =) Next week the whole first grade gets to have swimming lessons at the high school's pool. No wonder they are so excited about going to school!

No comments: