Noah suggested we go Friday, the first day, because it would only get more crowded during the weekend. When did he get so logical? I noted the first storytime where Max would visit was 11 a.m. We stepped off the parking lot tram at 10:30 a.m. and were faced with a huge crowd; everyone was just trying to get to the ticket booths (I needed to trade the vouchers for tickets). Where did all the people come from? It was too early in the season and day for out-of-towners to be there, wasn't it? Nearly an hour later we were in the park and rushing to the story room. I knew we were too late. We would have to wait until the 4 p.m. program.
The boys each grew since our Christmas/New Year visit to the park. Now we can go on more rides! I'm just thankful that kid rides don't have a long wait, and there are many rides that we can go on together. This time I was adamant at not going near the Tilt-a-Whirl...there's a reason one of my friends calls it the Tilt-a-Hurl! I am also no longer eager to ride twisty-turning-loop-de-loop roller coasters. Each time we walked past one of the roller coasters that was open, I was glad not to be waiting in those super-long lines!
I was excited for the storytime and I couldn't wait to see the look on Jonah's face when he'd see Max, but both boys had the most fun driving "race cars." They had seen the cars the last visit, but the line was pretty long then too. This time they really wanted to wait. And we waited...and waited...and inched our way around the zig-zag line. One hour later we were in our cars. I have to give them credit, they never complained about the waiting.
We have now visited Hershey Park in the summer, winter, and spring. I'm not all that interested in the Halloween themed park. My favorite would have to be visiting during it's holiday season: Christmas lights, Christmas music, temperatures hovering around freezing, and hot chocolate in our Hershey Park souvenir mug! (refills only 99 cents...)

1 comment:
Great to know that the boys love to drive.
Post a Comment