Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Celebrating Freedom

We had a very quiet Fourth of July weekend. I was thinking of loading the boys into the truck and driving over to Presidio Park to see some fireworks, but most shows began at 9 p.m. and Noah started nodding off around 8 p.m. Not a good idea to get him all excited and then he won't go to sleep until really late. Maybe next year...There's always an occasional drive-by SeaWorld for it's nightly display during the summer.

Also, no bbq this year. We had dim sum. Ivy's parents came over to visit and talk to Mom and Dad about Simon and Ivy's wedding. They brought lots of dim sum..."fortunately" the boys and I were hanging out at Poa's so we got a free lunch. Yum Yum!!

The Comic-Con is next week. Sad that James won't be able to go...(Bruce Campbell is a scheduled guest.) but his friend Steve is coming to town with Ben and promises to get a lot of free stuff for James. Despite the freebies, Comic-Con is no place for Noah until he's at least 7 or 8 years old. It's just over-stimulation; ADD/ADHD waiting to happen!

I'll put a plug here for my friend Paul. Plug: visit his Cool Jerk booth. Have fun Paul and Darlene! Wear sensible shoes...

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Thanks, Hannah! I'll leave the flip flops behind...