This morning I heard a traffic reporter describe the USS Nimitz sliding into her berth at North Island. I'm sure it must have been a grand sight. She is home!! And tomorrow morning the USS Chafee will arrive at her home port at Pearl Harbor!!!!! I've only been to a ship homecoming once, when James was on the Ogden. That was fun. I knew there would be tons of people at the pier so I made this sign with a Papa John pizza box; James easily spotted me. Also someone took a photo and put it in the Ogden "yearbook." This homecoming I can't be pier side...but I'll be just as excited. And then next Friday night I'll be at the airport for James' homecoming!!!!
Long six months; but still many more months to go until the Hawaii assignment is completed. I will not complain; at least it's not overseas duty like other military branches -- those could go a year or more. Thank God for small blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment