Monday, June 26, 2006

Mr. Potato Heads


Mr. Potato Heads
Originally uploaded by
Mrs. Wong.
Alternate title this post: "Why I Needed Two Advil, and Fast!"

The Padres have some pretty nifty giveaways, but they save the best for the kids! Yesterday was a Padres Mr. Potato Head. So cool!

The plan to get this freebie was better in my head than what actually happened...We asked TT jeh-jeh to join us on this crazy adventure downtown. By the time we reached the ballpark, street parking was all gone! Parking lots near the ballpark charge: $20, $15; and $10, depending on how close you want to be...we found a $10 lot, but looked dicey. I kept driving around...looking...hoping... and praying the Parking Prayer for street parking. But when I looked in the rear-view mirror to see these two little guys sitting quietly in their car seats, I decided I'd bring lunch and NOT shop at Target this week...I turned into the $15 lot...

Two blocks later we reach the ticket window. The woman said Park in the Park passes were sold out, the cheapest tickets were $12 each. (YIKES! this was not going as planned...) I told her I was only hoping to get the Mr. Potato Heads for the boys...she looked at them, and said to me "how many Park passes do you need?" (Two please.) We got in, but we had to leave TT at the gate and hike up to Section 108 to get the toy. I thought we'd never reach Section 108. The crowd suddenly cheered for back-to-back Padres homeruns, but we couldn't stop, we were on a mission! 15 minutes later all is well, each boy got a toy, everyone is happy! Everyone except Noah, who wanted to stay at the ballpark and watch the game!! I promised him we'll be back next week with Dad.

Next week the freebie is a baseball glove...AND I think we'll ride the trolley. (and I'll toss the whole bottle of Advil in my bag
.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it might be a MLB thing becuase the bluejays are giving away Blue Jays potato heads! either way, id rather have the SD head over any other team.