Amelia turned 8. Needed a good gift...I heard Disney postage stamps were going to be released...this might be a good time to introduce her to stamp collecting. That's always been an interesting hobby -- and sometimes could be big bucks, i.e. Stanley Donner film Charade starring Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn -- I digress. So I went to the post office. While there I asked the postman if there were any other stamp series and he showed me some garden vegetable stamps, Benjamin Franklin, and Sugar Ray Leonard. I thought out loud "Benjamin Franklin might be educational (in my mind: boring. I don't want to be the boring gift-giving aunt!) ...but she's only 8." I selected the Disney stamps. The postman, trying to be funny says "ooh, but these are 'romantic stamps,'" hardy har har...
I think I joined the stamp collecting interest group in my third grade class...or was that rock collecting???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment