Monday, May 01, 2006

Getting What You Asked For.

I bought Noah a drumstick ice cream. The retro kind that I used to buy at the corner mom & pop market with coins found between couch cushions or my "allowance." When I gave him the ice cream he said he only wanted the cone -- a sugar cone that's usually made soggy because it's been packaged for a while. Noah started eating the ice cream. We didn't get one block away and the top of the ice cream fell on the sidewalk. That didn't surprise me. Noah started crying that he wanted me to go back and get another one...I told him there was still ice cream left -- in the cone. He wanted to eat just the cone in the first place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how far did you guys go for ice cream? i think Glen's Market is close enough to where you can wait to get home before eating. walking and eating ice cream should be saved until grade school.