Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy 2007! Everything is so New...

Shortly after celebrating Christmas with family, we officially made the move from southern to northern California. Next to Texas, I guess this is the only other state you could drive for hours and still be in the same state; maybe in Texas you have to drive for days...There's also Montana, but nobody talks much about how "big" Montana is; it's always "Texas-sized this, Texas-sized that..."

Even though we weren't in a rush, it took us nearly the same hours to get here as if we started from home, but we started from our friends' house 2 hours north of home! We had to take a detour because of snow and high winds...James and I each drove I car; I had the boys and James' dad. I'm so NOT a morning person so getting up at 4:30 a.m. to start driving at 5 and then having to take an unexpected detour (all without ingesting any caffeine!) is sureal; I know an angel was helping me drive. I think I was OK by 8 a.m. and by then we were somewhere in the middle of our great Golden State, and we stopped for breakfast (and a hot cup of COFFEE!)

Here we are in the 3rd day of this new year. Safely and comfortably settled in what's to be our home for the next 18 months. The boys are quiet happy...they should be. Once we unloaded all the stuff we packed in our two cars, and the movers arrived within 24 hours with belongings we sent a few weeks earlier, I realized the majority of the boxes contained TOYS! They were so happy to see their tricycle and bicycle, Legos, videos, action figures, and balls. Ah! Life's simple pleasures.

Here's hoping to regularly blog about all our new adventures -- without freezing my fingers off because it's much more colder up here.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Happy New Year!

I remember when we moved to San Diego, I believe I was roughly about five, my mom looking through unpacked boxes in the garage looking for my favorite doll.

Good luck in settling in!