Thursday, June 28, 2007

Visiting the Fair

Two weeks before we planned to come home, my sisters told me they already marked a day to go to the fair -- and I had to be home by then -- it's tradition; eat fried food and get on crazy rides attached to the back of a trailer. I also like to look at the exhibits that showcase people's collections. This year our goal was to seek out and ride what used to be called the Himalaya. It's been a few years because of having kids, we all weren't able to go to the fair at same time, but this would be the year!
Our first group arrived, parked at free shuttle lot and boarded a double-decker bus. It was a "E-Ticket" caliber hang-on-to-your-hats (and kids) ride. While we waited for the other groups to arrive, we ate Kettle Korn and Australian Battered Potatoes. Once we all were together we shared fried calamari, a corn dog, a soft pretzel, ice cream, and Orange Julius (got to be healthy somewhere). All in all we didn't junk it too much...
It was a lot harder trying to find that Himalaya ride. Seems it's been sent "down" to the kiddie rides area; the closest ride my sister and I found was called the Wave.

If I had known this was the old ride I would have got on too...but I wasn't going to hoof back to the kiddie area. So we had to ride the Wave. Uncle Steve has posted a picture of that on their family blog.


No comments: