Wheee for Wii...Thanks to my brother, we got a Wii this summer. Noah first played with this game console at a friend's house last winter. At that time Jonah wasn't interested. I didn't know much about it aside from it being just another expensive "toy." I figured it was something for James to bond with the boys...but to my surprise it's very family-friendly. The house rule is we can only play with it on Friday night and the weekends. Everyone (except Jonah) does the fitness test. My first test I was 82 years old...but I'm back in my 30s now. (whew!) Jonah's favorite is boxing; Noah likes all the sports offered. It's helped him learn about baseball, golf, and tennis, but he seems to excel at bowling. Maybe it's his lower center of gravity; he can really get those pins down. Even when it's set up for more than 90 pins he can get most of them down. When we play a game, he consistently get strikes. I guess the real test will be if he can do it with a real bowling ball -- I wonder if he can handle 6 lbs yet? When I vacationed in Canada I remember there was like "mini bowling" a small ball (like lawn bowling) and small pins (like soda bottles.) It was interesting. I'm glad Noah enjoys all sports.

Saturday mornings for us is pee-wee soccer. It's co-ed and the kids are doing very well. Good teamwork skills developing! Nobody has assigned positions (except goalie) so they just run around together. Noah's teammates include two school classmates and it seems his team always has 5 or 6 players show up; one week they played a team that only 3 kids showed and last week only 2. Jonah is pretty good about watching from the sidelines, but I know he's anxious to get in there and play too. Noah has learned a "serious" game face. One thing I noticed he did last week was stay to the back of the pack...maybe waiting for the ball to come to him or maybe to avoid being in the pack when they fall. See, there are spots on the grass where deer (yes real deer) wander over to do business when nobody's around. For the most part the field is clean, but you just never know and I'm sure Noah doesn't want to find those spots.

The Super Six Sleep Over. I love when the cousins get together. I wish I could babysit all of them all the time! It's sad that we live in different cities now, but that just makes it more special when we can all be together.
1 comment:
how cute! too bad im across the country. but your kids can always play with our dog or kids, whichever comes first...
Post a Comment