I feel like I'm running out of gas to blog...sometimes I feel like I'm not remembering as much as I used to. This morning I had to write on our wall calendar, all our activities for this month; not that we do a lot, but last month I missed two music events at the local library I wanted to take Jonah to...
Our new family favorite show is "Chuck." I'm not sure why the boys like it, maybe because Noah can read the word "Chuck" when he sees it on commercials and thinks it's funny to say. Also, he can read "nerd herd" on the side of the vehicle Chuck drives around. It's got some violence, with people fighting, car chases and explosions (so far), but it's funny too. I guess since it's on at 8 p.m. it's still family friendly. It's just nice that Jonah curls up next to me, Noah "hangs" on the arm of the sofa next to James and we all watch it together.
There is a Scholastic book sale at Noah's school this week. He and his classmates went to the book area today to look at books and make a wish list -- he's asking for 2 Transformers books. He's really gotten into Transformers this summer. We think he still likes Cars, but when he's with his buddies, it's all Transformers. I'm excited; I've always loved Scholastic books. I hope I can find some books for Jonah too. He's not as interested in books as Noah. When we go to storytime at the library, he's more interested in getting the sticker or tatoo/stamp at the end. Last week at storytime, the librarian read Goldilock and the Three Bears and then told the story again using a flannel board; Jonah's attention wasn't glued to the librarian, he kept asking me for a snack or checking out what other kids were doing...but later when I asked him about the story, i.e. what happened when the girl saw the muk-pay (porridge), he said "she eat it all." Or when the girl sat on the chairs; "it broke." Well, I guess he was listening. He just has his own style.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hi hannah! hope you and the boys are doing well. heather and I enjoy reading your updates.. it's rather inspiring :)
Post a Comment