Monday, October 08, 2007

Lingonberry Drink or Prime Rib?

We took a trip to IKEA yesterday to look for a bed for Jonah. He's not quite outgrown the crib, but he loves to get into Noah's bed whenever he can; just trying to be a big boy. One thing I like about the IKEA bed is that it seems lower to the ground than a traditional twin bed; I guess the slats-system eliminates the need for a box spring. Found a bed, unfortunately it was not in stock. Looks like we'll have to make a return trip in a few weeks.

We didn't leave empty-handed though, I got a lingonberry drink. I love that drink...always put a splash of Sprite in it; yummy yummy! James and Noah ate 2 hot dogs each and Jonah had a frozen yogurt cone. The cinnamon rolls were so tempting, but we resisted! IKEA's restaurant is good too. We didn't eat there this time, but I did notice the "special" yesterday was prime rib. What a diner's dilemma: swedish meatballs with lingonberry jam OR prime rib? I wish I was hungry at the time...

I had to tell James about how fortunate it was back at home where Costco and IKEA share the same parking lot. Hot dog and soda combo, or hot dog and lingonberry drink. IKEA would win for my lunch choice because it also offered chocolate chip cookies! One of my favorite lunches would be to go to IKEA for hot dogs with my good friend Michael; we didn't waste time going through the store, or even the main entrance, just slipped in through the Exit doors.

Enough about food. I noticed a funny thing as we were leaving the store and I told James I was going to blog it. On the way out of the parking area I noticed four people in the loading area standing around a smallish car with a hatch back trunk. They were putting their purchase into the trunk, or trying. I said to James I thought it looked like they bought too much stuff and were standing around figuring out how to get everything as well as the people in the car. Bummer for them if that was true. I'm glad we have a truck...and my lingonberry drink fit just perfect in the cup holder.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

HA! I laughed that the image of people trying to fit stuff into their car. Why is it that I always see that there. BTW: I'm surprised too at the prospect of prime rib at IKEA. That's a new discovery. I've seen that they have BBQ ribs in the SD location.