Noah got to sing at church with the Pioneer Club kids. He was a visitor Friday night -- and it was the program's final meeting before the summer break -- but he was able to learn the group's special song, along with hand motions, just after singing it twice, so he was invited to sing during Sunday morning services. I loved seeing him up there looking all grown up (he's a 1st grader now) and standing next to his Wonder Twin cousin, who was channeling Hannah Montana while she was singing. One longtime friend told me after service that she didn't know who he was at first and was amazed to see this "new boy" singing and doing all the hand motions. Then little by little she saw the family resemblance and shades of my brother and suddenly it dawned on here that "it's Noah!" That is very cool.
Jonah started eating Rubios rice! It is another milestone for me. The first time he ate it he must have been very hungry because he didn't even complain about the shredded cheese, but the second time was harder. This time he saw how his younger cousin was eating it up very fast -- and with beans -- and then the Wonder Twins were clamoring for some (how many kids can a small side feed?) and he got very posessive of his food. Peer Pressure Eating...
The annual county fair has started. I wonder if he would be willing to try some "new" food out there? Ha! I know I'm looking forward to the old traditional stuff like Australian Battered Potatoes and a cinnamon bun, and washing it down with free Sparklett's water. I'm of the school of once a year can't hurt you...Looking forward to visiting Petco Park again too. The Padres record doesn't bother me...I hope Jake Peavy returns soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment