Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What We're Doing on Summer Vacation, Part 1

I have a habit (bad) of running late, but the past few weeks we have been on top of things, even being ahead of schedule. We were about two weeks earlier than most families moving on from Monterey; even our packing out took just six hours. We got our reservations for a family suite with no problems; and it was a really fun 10 days! Last Friday afternoon we saw moving vans scattered around various housing neighborhoods and Saturday morning before we checked-out of the BOQ, James said there was a line at the front desk. 

Friday was Noah's last day of school. All the way home in the car he was saying "I'm a first grader now." Our school year ended early so we booked a flight for the next day to return home. 

It's a nice feeling to come home; I like to use home as a springboard to our next duty station. Of course we make our own home wherever we get assigned, but us grown-ups know it's for 2 or 3 years, then we have to pack up again. The boys are excited to see the grandparents and cousins and play with toys we left behind (and act like they've never seen them before).  I can say with confidence that I don't have to worry about how moving affects the boys. They are great at adapting; they teach me to be more flexible and not stress. If they are happy, I'm happy.

We went to church and saw a lot of old friends. The boys went to Sunday School with no problems. After church there was a nice lunch to celebrate the first birthday of the senior pastor's daughter. Great weather, great food, and great friends! It was a great day. 

I also got to see my cousin, Jordan, who was visiting from Canada. We took him to Phil's BBQ for dinner. What a crazy-busy place that is, but the food was yummy.

Yesterday (to keep the boys on sort of a regular schedule) we walked around Target; they love the 2-story Target, and I love that the inventory is bigger and prices seem to be a little lower. =) Today we'll check out the museums at the park.

The cousins have a few more days left before they are on summer break, but once they are done, it's Party Central at the grandparents house! 

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Hi Hannah! I can't wait to see the boys. I'll give you a call once I recover from my visit. :)