Our town had a Halloween parade at night. It was interesting to sit on the sidewalk in the dark to watch high school bands, community groups, and representatives from local businesses walk by and toss candy to the crowd. Yeah, we were there for the free candy. Thankfully there were also many local fire stations, law enforcement, and emergency response personnel participating; the vehicles provided the much needed lighting to see the other parade participants.
Our camera does not take good night pictures. At least the local fire station building is visible in the back.
We learned that Trick-or-Treating is not held on the traditional date of Oct. 31, but instead on the last Thursday in Oct., regardless of the date, and between the hours of 6 to 8 p.m. Nice. At precisely 6 p.m. all our neighbors turned on the porch lights. The boys were ready to go at 6:15 ... "fashionably late."I am glad the boys didn't want new costumes. Noah has gotten really into Star Wars/Clone Troopers so he wanted to wear the costume from last year... Jonah got to pick from two: Mr. Incredible or a race car drive (Noah's from preschool). Jonah likes to add sound effects of driving fast. The Frankenstein treat basket in Jonah's hand was given to him by a cashier at the local supermarket. I thought that was really nice.
I told James he should take the boys around the neighborhood. He thought I was going to, but I told him it seems like every other family in our development has a dog and I wouldn't be able to handle that. Noah is ok with dogs, but Jonah, like me, is afraid of them. James just shook his head at me as he followed the boys down the street...well, someone has to stay behind to hand out candy. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment