About a month ago I wrote about the ice storm and how we fared through it. Then we were prepared. A few weeks ago there was a bit more snow, but it was followed by cold air and a little rain. Which fast becomes ice. This time I did not have a good experience.
The snow fell overnight. I showed my Southern California naivety by getting all excited about shoveling snow off the front steps and sidewalk. Everything was clear and clean when I walked Noah to the school bus stop. After school was a different story. Since Jonah and I stayed in all day, I didn't realize ice had formed. It was time to go out to the bus stop. No sooner did I let go of the door knob and turn to take my first step, I went slipping and fell down hard on my bottom. Just my luck the neighbor opens his front door at the same time! My bruised ego hurt more than my bottom.
The ice lingerd for a few days. Most everyone is saying they are eagerly awaiting spring. But not if Punxsuatawy Phil is correct. There will be six more weeks of winter. Looking around our area it would seem the groundhog is wrong...The fields are dry, nothing white is falling from the sky, and the temperature has been hovering around the low 50s. I wondered if that was all the "snow" we got to experience this season. Not enough! I didn't even get to have fun at the snow fun day at church, since my rear region was still sore...but the boys did:
My neighbor says more snow might fall. There's been snow storms as late as March. Ok. I won't put the sleds away just yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment