Monday, March 05, 2007

I'm Too Old For This

I'm old, I won't deny it. I'm starting to make lists for groceries and when I have to pack for the kids and myself. Just now I had to write down yet another computer account and password!!! I have spent the past 30 minutes trying to log on to this blog because I had to sign IN a "new" way, which first required me to sign UP for a new e-mail account elsewhere; one that I will never use anyways. I'm too old for this stuff. I just want to blog about the boys and my family, how hard can that be?

I think I'll take the lead from my friend Jerry and try to blog every Sunday. It seems reasonable since the boys keep me busy and by the time they fall asleep I just want to crawl into bed myself, but I have to finish the laundry, or do the dishes, or pack Noah's lunch for school. Yup, every Sunday night seems like something I can do.

So here goes...First Sunday of March. MARCH?! When did that happen? We must be having a great time here because it really feels like we just got here.

It was a quiet week for us since my "family" went home last Sunday. They boys didn't really miss a beat. Not to sound mean, they didn't ask too often where their cousins went. Maybe Noah just understands more since we moved once before to Hawaii and back; Jonah's just too young at this point to understand or care. He can name everyone in the family when I show him their pictures in the church directory or on the mantel...but it just doesn't matter to him where they are. Noah, I think, knows the difference between "home-home" and "home here" and he's not bothered by it; I think he thinks it's not that far away...He's more concerned about when will be the next time to go to SeaWorld or his first trip to Disneyland.

It was back to school for Noah...working on learning letters T to Y and a memory verse beginning with the letter "U" (Psalm 75:1). Jonah and I went to Mommy and Me and he "made" a "1-2-3" book. He also has his 2-year-old well baby visit. (My "little bear" weighs 32 lbs. and 35 inches tall) He wasn't scared of the doctor but when he saw the nurse walk in with the shot tray, he just knew what it was and started "crying." As soon as she was done he gave her a wounded look, but the crying stopped.

Tonight also marks an effort for us to cook a "big" food item that we hope to use as lunches or dinners for a few days. I enjoy all the cooking I've been doing, but I felt I did too much when we first got here and I'm close to burning out (grocery shopping and cooking). For our first attempt I made a beef stew; very close to Mom's recipe. It took about 2.5 hours from taking the first veggies out of the fridge to sampling and sitting down to dinner. So if all goes well, we could have this through Wed.Of course for tomorrow night's dinner, I'll just add a side dish...Maybe I can take the lead from my friend Darlene and make this a food blog too.

James is back from his workout -- jogging a couple times around the block. Time for him to get back to the books, and this computer...


1 comment:

Darlene said...

I'm expecting a post about cabbage and corned beef any moment now! That should last an entire week... I'm currently living off spaghetti with meat sauce... I know, the food of college students...! Now where that's ramen...