The boys got their first up close and personal experience with a real race car this weekend at a free open house event at Laguna Seca. I realize Noah is totally decked out in "car gear:" A Lightning McQueen t-shirt, NASCAR (M&Ms) cap, and Hot Wheels sunglasses. He just loves race cars. It was quite exciting. When we got to the raceway a couple of cars were zipping around the track. I have personally not gotten this close to race cars either. They are LOUD! It's nice to be able to go to an open house event. I doubt we could stand to attend a real car race of any kind; I'd be stressed out that we'd suffer hearing loss or something.
In other adventures, Jonah and I started a mid-morning walking routine. Jonah gets strapped into his tricycle and I push him. I first thought of buying a treadmill or exercise bike so I could start working out when Jonah took his afternoon nap. James suggested just going out for a walk first. Then I wanted to find a jogging stroller, but again James talked me out of that because the tricycle features the push bar. Ok. We started last Wednesday. Just going around the block twice. But the block is big and there's a hill. Fortunately what goes up does come down; once I make it up the hill we turn a corner and get to walk downhill. I'm excited and the weather is turning nice so there's lots of motivation!
Must get to sleep. Class field trip tomorrow. Need my energy to be with 24 preschoolers (and Jonah!)


No comments:
Post a Comment