This time last week I was mentally preparing for the preschool's field trip to the Aquarium. Boy did that trip come and go! 20+ preschoolers and a handful of toddler-aged siblings, but a whole lot of parent volunteers, so the trip worked out reall well! Nobody pitched a fit; nobody got lost. A good time was had by all. And to top it off when we got back to school, Noah didn't want to come home. He wanted to stay and have lunch with his friends, nap time and outside playtime. Ok with me...
And about this time last week I had the worst muscle cramps in my back and neck that I've ever felt! We even went out to buy me a new pillow. Every night I'd put this smelly Japanese muscle relaxant rub on my neck and shoulder...I'd take some acetomenaphine in the mornings but they never seemed to do much. Finally I got some Advil; the miracle drug! It rarely fails me; within 20 mins the pain was gone...I felt the back of my neck kind of spaz out Saturday morning so we went to get some Ben-Gay ice/hot sticky patches. Those worked really well too! (And talk about aromatherapy: I smelled like a giant mint!)
One night we went down to the Fisherman's Wharf. It's not really tourist season so it's nice a quiet. We got some clam chowder (I wish we'd gotten the bread bowl too.) and were looking for fish & chips. Saw a pub but didn't think it'd be an appropriate family place, even if it offered a kids' menu. I suggested Long John Silvers down the street (I recently saw something on it on Food Network). Well James said "just because you saw it on Food Network..." Yeah, we won't be going to LJS again anytime soon. I really haven't found anything as good as fish & chips since our honeymoon trip to Victoria, B.C. it was wrapped in newspaper and we got malt vinegar.
Last night friends who now live in San Jose stopped by to visit us on their way home from southern Cal. We are looking forward to visiting them in San Jose and maybe go to a hockey game!
Now that we've gotten into a comfortable routine I'm trying to get back into watching Korean dramas (the biggest "souvenir" from our experience in Hawaii). For a while I thought Noah and Jonah would pick up on the language; at least for Jonah, whenever he'd hear a theme song, he drop what he was doing and go to the TV...I gotta get them back to this habit too. I think KDs are better than regular soaps because they actually have an ending! For the past 2 weeks I've stopped watching Days and GH because nothing is happening! I could probably tune in a few months from now and nothing will have really changed...At least Sunday nights the whole family can sit down to watch the Amazing Race.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment