A quiet Sunday night. We had a very full Saturday so I was determined to keep today low key. The boys are still young enough where too much stimulation led to nightmares, even if they had tons of fun!
James took them to the park yesterday morning so I could get a haircut. I heard the boys made some new "friends" and everyone shared pretzels and fruit snack. We all met up at lunch. After Jonah's nap we went over to the Christian school for its "Hoe Down" event. The first thing everyone saw was a giant Cars-themed inflatable slide. Too bad I didn't bring my camera, but I doubt if we will forget that anytime soon. It was big! I'm thinking nearly 20-feet high. Undoubtedly Noah loved it. Jonah was more interested in the dunking booth behind the giant slide. All we heard later in the car was Jonah saying "The ball. The man fall in the wah-wee. All wet." The event also had a bbq plate and desserts, but we were on our way to another gathering. A few more rides on the slide, we had to get over to Costco before it closed. James' classmate said his family loved the petite brownies that we brought last time. No problem. We got a box of brownies just for the family (three growing boys!) and also picked up a strawberry cheesecake. Yum yum.
We've gotten together with classmates and their families a few times now and it's always been fun! The first time was to watch the Super Bowl. Last night the host family brought out Pictionary. OMG! Printed on the box was something about the 20th year. I remember playing that in college. Was it THAT long ago?! So all the kids (it was all BOYS!!! The oldest was 8, and Jonah was the youngest.) went upstairs to play...we then played men vs. women. I love to play this game, but I'm better at guessing than drawing so I was VERY glad that my clues were: plate and baseball. Whew! At times when everyone cheered at guessing correctly, the kids ran down and cheered along -- they didn't know what was going on, but they didn't care. What a great time to just do something out of the ordinary, but yet so ordinary as to get together with friends, eat yummy food, and play a board game. Next time we might play Scategories...and maybe I'll bake some brownies to share.
I gave myself a task this week: start looking around for summer activities for the boys. Noah starts kindergarten in August. AUGUST! Wow it's early here...and preschool officially ends May 31. So the decision is should we continue at the preschool for 2 more months where it will be mostly playtime and what looks like a VBS type of program, or should we do our own thing? There's always swimming lessons...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment