I'm always looking for activities for the boys to participate in. From weekly trips to the library, or seasonal sports, even Kid's Night events at the Chick-Fil-A, or Wegmans (a fancy market)...and now I found aerobics two nights a week and pilates one morning per week. (Yay!)
I love aerobics. I have been taking aerobics classes since my college days; at school for PE credit, joining a health club (ick on memberships!), joining a YMCA (one of my favorite instructors), and a couple summers at the community college (my all-time favorite aerobics instructor!! Unfortunately, the community college limits the number of times a class can be taken, even if it was just recreational).
This time aerobics class is really different because as I looked around, most of the participants seemed a lot older than what I was used to; I think I'm one of the 3 "younger" women. Then there's the chart that shows where your heart rate should be...I think I used to have to get it up in the 30's, but now the number seems lower. Well, my goal isn't to be stick-thin. I just want to get those endorphines kicking again.
Pilates is something new for me. It's offered at the church we attend and the instructor plays Christian music. This past Tuesday morning I felt sluggish. I stayed up to watch the Chargers on Monday Night Football and the time zone difference was rough. I "whined" to my sister and cousin during our morning e-mails and they both told me to go, have fun, and remember the nice part of the class, there is free child care for Jonah...so think it as "me time." It was such a great class! I can't wait to go back next week. Jonah enjoyed his time too.
Tomorrow morning after Noah goes off to school, Jonah and I will attend our first ever MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers) program at the church. Yay, more "me time."
Serious, I know all too well for the last 6 years it's been all about the boys...and it will be for many many years to come. Even though American culture says they are adults at 18, I'll plead being Chinese on that one...they'll always be my babies.
Every morning I walk Noah to the school bus stop. It just warms my heart when he lets me give him a kiss and hug; I try not to be too gushy about it. He's cool with it. He'll be walking to the bus door, then turn around, wave, and say "bye mom." And each afternoon he skips off the bus with the biggest smile. It is soooo worth it!
It will still be mostly "them time" but a little "me time" is pretty nice. Hey, maybe I'll go and buy some finger nail polish again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I"m happy to hear you have some time to yourself. That's always important especially when you have two boys around. The pilates class sounds fantastic!
Post a Comment