Thursday, September 04, 2008

Keep the Summer Going

In an earlier post I noted summer was ending. Labor Day came and went, officially marking the end of summer, and a big reminder to put away white shoes. =) The community pool also closed for the season. Just yesterday I found a way to extend the summer for us; it's still pretty hot and humid around here:


It's a Little Tykes brand toy -- yeah, I saw the picture on the box that it was for toddlers, but for $5, we can have some fun with it. It does double-duty too! The boys (and I) get to cool off while the backyard grass gets some water. I told the boys we can only play for 15 mins...we don't want to be wasting any water. I don't know if that's a problem in this region with the winter weather, but since I grew up in "Drought-Region" it's best to keep good habits.

Speaking of good habits, I think we recycle more in so-cal too -- I haven't seen anything about recycling centers for soda cans and plastic bottles or even seperate bins. We have to buy our own trash cans (32 gal. limit) and we could get a free recycle bin at the township office, but it's the same size as one of my plastic storage containers so I just use that. I do think there's a push for reusable grocery bags, so I always keep a couple of "green" tote bags from Noah's former school PTA in the car.

1 comment:

sphui5 said...

at least they aren't running around in the backyard in their diapers like WT.