We had lunch today at McDonald's. I personally don't make a habit of going there, but the current Happy Meal toys have to do with the new Star Wars animated movie, and I am the sole non-Star War nerd in this home, so I got out-voted. Anyways, these little packets of cookies were sitting in a basket at the end of the counter. I couldn't believe my eyes. Where have they been?! Does anybody remember when they were included with the meal? Or packaged in a small box? They were good then, they still are. Unfortunately I think I took the last three packs, one each for the boys and one for me, so I could share in this posting, because they basket got taken off the counter and not returned by the time we finished lunch.
I'm going to eat my apple pie now...still 2 for $1, but I read somewhere the Dollar Menu might go away.
Funny story about the Dollar Menu...last year I took the boys through the drive-thru for a Happy Meal, I forgot what the toy was, but Noah said he wanted something from the dollar menu, so I ordered a cheeseburger and small french fries. (The toy must not have been that exciting...) After receiving our order, I passed him his bag and after opening it, he exclaims: "hey! Where's my dollar?!" That was so cute...but he hasn't asked for anything from the Dollar Menu since.
Really, we don't go there regularly, but maybe now I should just stop in just to see if the cookies are back...

2 comments:
from what i remember, every happy meal pre-1990's had a pack of cookies. yumO!
Yes, I remember the cookies!
That "dollar menu" story made me laugh!! I'll have to remember that to share with the family.
Blessings to you! Hugs to Noah as he goes through withdrawals while Jonah's at school :-).
Pat Lee
Post a Comment