Thursday, August 07, 2008

Getting a Little Close There

5:04 p.m. National Weather Service issues another EBS alert...thunderstorm, possible tornado. It was interesting, fascinating even, the first time, but nothing to worry about because that storm was 20 to 25 miles away from us. Not today! This afternoon's alert was headed our way.

I think James wanted to go to the basement...I was just about finished cooking dinner; I can't let my rice burn. What do I do? I open the back sliding door, I wanted to see what it was like. Within 25 minutes the clouds changed and the wind really whipped up! Across the street some construction workers quickly put things away in their trucks and went into the house they were working on. Very soon huge raindrops began to hit the windows, harder and harder. I grabbed a camera, but ended up running from one side of the house to the other because I didn't know what to take a photo of. Thankfully there was no tornado...it was just a possibility.

Here are my photos:
oooh, ominous clouds...

Not just the Dopler Radar, it's Super Dopler. I love it.

Trying to get a good look at the storm.

Within 15 minutes the sun was coming out as if nothing had happened. My friend TheRemoteBelongsToMe told me this is how it is back east...

No comments: