Friday, August 29, 2008

Belated Birthday Gift

The first of many... and he said he doesn't believe in the Tooth Fairy.

Noah's first tooth popped out this morning. It's a nice birthday memory. Both his bottom teeth have been ready to fall out, but he wouldn't let me touch them. He would always say "it hurts" or "there's going to be blood!" But he is tougher than that; I've seen him fall while playing or have a soccer ball hit him in the tummy when he was goalie, and never does he flinch. Letting me touch his loose tooth? He starts to cry; so hard that he nearly hyperventilates and I'm sure he forgets why he's crying... Well just as soon as he finished his breakfast this morning, the tooth fell right into his hand. Of course there was no pain and very little blood. Hopefully it will be as easy for the second one...I wonder if he'll let me touch that one now.


Yesterday was Noah's 6th birthday...or was it Jonah's? It's been a rough few days for Jonah because Noah went back to school, gets to ride the school bus, and has a birthday all in the same week. Every morning Jonah is mad that he can't get on the bus with Noah. As we walk home I tell him he can play with Noah's DS or have extra time on the computer without Noah bothering him. Yesterday I told him he could help me get Noah's birthday treats ready. We were going to bring them to the class after lunch.

Noah received a birthday package from his cousins and they are really sweet to include something small for Jonah. (Jonah was so happy, he held that yo-yo ball to sleep all night.) After dinner it was cake time. Again, Jonah did not want to be left out. Thankfully Noah is pretty ok with sharing the spotlight with Jonah. =)

No comments: