Monday, May 30, 2005

It Was so Nothing!

We're back from the retreat...just spent 1 1/2 days there. All the worry about telling Mom was for nothing. She actually said
I should have said something earlier -- she would have packed more stuff for the boys...well as it was I totally overpacked for them, even though it was just one bag for the three of us.

Overall it was a good experience -- starting with the driving up to the campground with Mom and the boys. We chatted a lot about stuff and both boys slept well in the car. Even though I didn't get to go to EVERYTHING planned at the retreat, I was blessed. Noah REALLY liked the pre-school program (and there were 4 boys in his class!). I attended Rev. Leong's (Andy's dad) workshop about friendship evangelism. He was so funny! He's got this really laid-back/Hawaiian attitude toward evangelism and life. It's really refreshing. I've known Rev. Leong since college days when Andy and I attended SDSU together and it just brought back really great memories of college days...we are all getting "so old" now...we're all married with kids. Sigh! Where did the time go?

I was really moved by the Sunday worship service. It was heart-warming to see English and Cantonese, kids, college, parents all together for worship. Because we have multi-lingual services at church, there's not that many opportunities to worship with Cantonese friends and parents. It just brought tears to my eyes..and of course I really missed James and wished he could be at the retreat with us. Maybe next year!

Big shout out to all my sibs, their spouses (and soon-to-be) as well as the cousins, for their help with my boys. Double-shout to Fu-Fu and Ivy; Fu, you are the best!! I can't believe you and Ivy got Noah-boy to eat a serving of salad. We are certainly the poster family for "It Takes a Village..."

Also thanks to Pastor Steven for providing the devotional material. Saturday morning really hit home about going through trials. Talk about going through a trial for this next six months as I take care of an infant and preschooler w/out James. But I know God has sent a special angel to watch over me and the boys at home and one for James out there in West Pac....

No comments: