Happy Mother's Day to me. I am quite proud of my boys. This past week Jonah has surprised me by sleeping nearly through the night. I don't want ot jinx it by saying it out loud...Of course his being just 3 months old I am nervous about that so I wake at the usually time (between 3:30 and 4 a.m.) just to check that he's OK. I don't like to go by those books that "train" your child to sleep through the night by leaving them alone to cry it out. It seems insensitive to the child and selfish of the parents who just want to get more sleep.
Also, I sense Noah is slowly getting comfortable with a "new" regular routine; I feel he's "experienced" the most transition from our move and travels. He still is really attached to Poa, but doesn't cry as much/frantic as he did that first week we got home. And of course the secret code is: "I want to go to Poa-Poa's house" means he's hungry...and this morning he really surprised me by not wanting to wear a convertible diaper/Pull-up, but training underwear! Let's hope we are on the path to successful potty training...
On to Father's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment