Thursday, May 26, 2005

Secrets

I have a secret...I'm taking the boys to the church family retreat. It's not a BIG secret because all my siblings know -- except Terry, and I think even if she knew she wouldn't care! -- anyways, "everyone" knows except Mom. Why?! Because she will freak out and act like I'm taking the boys to the wilderness and leaving them there! She will go on and on (and on!) about how Jonah is too little and will be "exposed" to the elements...

There are many positive reasons for us to go. It's a FAMILY retreat...CHURCH retreat...there will be a preschool program for Noah; I think it will be a good lead-in to sending him to pre-preschool in September. And all the FAMILY will be there. (Why am I writing like I'm trying to convince someone?!) I'm just nervous about telling my mom we are going...(see above). I know it would be bad if we stayed home. She expects us to put ourselves under "house arrest." "Stay in the house. Don't go outside. If you get hot, just open all the windows." And Noah would be looking for her and everyone else -- he's very aware of things these days...

Uhhh. I'm 30-something years old...these are MY children. WHY am I stressing? We're registered. James says "just go!" We're going! I'm really excited about going -- Mom or no Mom approval. (WHY do I want my mom's approval?!)

I'm going to eat chocolate now.

Oh, the other secret...James called today from a "secret" location. He was still aboard the ship. Use the "special" pay phone that costs 50-cents per minute!!! Talk fast! The connection was like old school long distance; slight delay. Thankfully we didn't waste time by asking the good old "can you hear me now?"

No comments: