Thursday, May 12, 2005

This is why I hate shopping

Is it because I'm getting old...or cheap...or both? I don't go all over to buy clothes and when I do shop it's more for Noah and Jonah. Today I went to a children's clothing store to buy something for a friend's baby. The salesgirl was inept! I gave her a gift card to make my purchase and she told me the card was registering a zero balance; I'm certain she did something to screw it up. She also froze the register. Good thing I kept the return recept with me. I showed it to her and then she had to get her manager. Once the manager began to try and resolve the situation, original salesgirl went to the back room to restock gift boxes!! How LAME! She didn't even stick around to owe up to the mistake. It took numerous calls to customer service as well as some other dept. to clarify the situation.

The ironic thing is when the manger was on the phone with "corporate" she was told the only transaction for that card is shown for today at 1300. YES, that is now!!! (I've been standing here for 15 to 20 mins!) Unfortunately it will take at least 24 hours for the card to be reactivated, and unfortunately again I won't need the clothes for my gift; too late! I can't wait to go back and spend the credit and be done with the store.

BTW: I'm never shopping at Gymboree again...I never did before and this just makes me never even want to walk by the store.

No comments: